Caturday

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tomas has a way with women

The day I took Tomas home, my sister sent a barrage of protests via SMS saying that she wouldn't take a cat for a pet and that made me very nervous. Tomas couldn't possible stay in my apartment because he will die of loneliness and starvation because I'm hardly found at home. My strategy was to sneak the cat in my sister's house in the guise of a Christmas present for my nephew. This is going to be the first time that we will have a family pet! And a cat! There was gong to be some adjustments but Tomas and I will survive this one (I get dramatic at this point, really).

Peejay put Tomas in the box where his rice cooker had been. I did not realize how clever this move was until I came knocking at the door and my sister-- seeing that I had a box that might have a brand new rice cooker that could replace their newly broken one-- let me in in one single and graceful stroke. I dashed inside the house, called my nephew to the living room and I ceremoniously open the box and booom, out Tomas went jumping on my nephew's lap. I proclaim Merry Christmas and at this point and my sister is narrowing her eyes and accusing me of treachery. Hell yeah but it's too late to send the cat back into the box and throw us out. My nephew Yaki is already dancing with delight and planning games with his new cat (which is in reality my cat haha!).

We all sleep on a big air bed whenever I spend the night at my sister's and Tomas, smart as he is had a plan I was not aware of. My scheming cat. Tomas, bold and courageous, walked to where my sister is lying like a benign piece of meat. He steps on her tummy and does some moves very similar to cha-cha. Back and forth, back and forth he danced, really enjoying it to the point that he is closing his eyes sometimes. All this time, my sister's mouth is open and she lay there paralyzed by Tomas' candor and maybe, for the first time, she is seeing how handsome my Tomas is and she is deeply sorry for refusing to have my boy in our mother's house.

My sister must have realized that she looked like a total idiot and decided to laugh like her lungs were going to swell for the next 3 days, she took Tomas to her chest and hugged him. Now, every time that Tomas catches my sister lying down, he instantly pounces on her fat tummy and dances his cha-cha, which we realized he does exclusively to my sister.

Smart cat, what can I say? Genius, even. Tomas must have taken after me. Charm, wit goodlooks. But of course.



Posted by Juju on behalf of Tomas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home